Skip to content
- 2021 F1 podiums will see the introduction of Ferrari Trento sparkling wine instead of champagne.
- Alpine presented their A521 car today during a virtual event. A mostly blue livery with shades of white, red and black wasn’t a huge surprise to fans.
- Daniil Kvyat was confirmed as Alpine F1’s reserve driver for the 2021 season.
- Mercedes launched their car today. They admitted to having had reliability issues with their engines during pre-season. How much tokens have been spent on those changes remains unknown.
- Mercedes:“We also have a strong reserve driver line-up for the 2021 season, with Stoffel Vandoorne continuing in the role alongside his Mercedes teammate in Formula E, Nyck de Vries“
- Lewis Hamilton about said about his contract extension: “Firstly, I’m kind of in a fortunate position where I’ve achieved most of the stuff that I’ve wanted to achieve up to this point. So there’s no real need necessarily to plan too far ahead in the future. I think we live in quite an unusual period of time in life, and I just wanted one year. Then we can talk about if we do more, and keep adding it if we have to. Last year there was a lot of discussion about equality and inclusion, and I think there was a lot of talk. This year is all about pushing for diversity, and really making sure that action is taken. That is at the core of the drive for me, but of course we exist to win, and that is what all these guys and girls here and working towards, so that is my goal, to deliver that for them.”